A message from Gary M. Zimmerman, SVP and Chief Underwriting Counsel
In 2002, the leaders at Fidelity National Financial identified a need in the industry to better protect lenders involved in commercial loan transactions. As the top provider of the title insurance for real property, FNF developed a title insurance solution for personal property offered as collateral for a loan. This solution, insuring any collateral under Articles 8 and 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code, would be delivered by a new division within FNF called UCCPlus.
Twenty years later, UCCPlus is now a leader in the UCC insurance market and the preferred provider for many of the world's top lending institutions and law firms. With a UCCPlus Insurance Policy, our clients can not only mitigate many of the risks associated with secured commercial loan transactions, but also see potential gains in the value of their loan portfolios. As a result, utilizing a UCCPlus Insurance Policy has become best practice for law firms and a sound risk mitigant for secured lenders.
The success of UCCPlus is due to the foresight, partnership, and expertise of many people:
- UCCPlus is indebted to the leaders of our parent organization, FNF, who understood the challenges faced by lenders and had the vision to develop a title insurance solution to protect personal property loan transactions in the same way as real estate transactions.
- We are appreciative of our industry partners, including Information Management Network and iGlobal Forum. These organizations have provided a bridge to the lending institutions and law firms at the forefront of the UCC insurance industry. They have also provided a vehicle to speak and network with the users who directly benefit from a UCC insurance solution.
- We are also greatly appreciative of the fine work done by our outside third-party search and filing company, Corporation Service Company (CSC). Their responsiveness to our needs has directly translated into us being able to be very responsive to our clients.
- The success of UCCPlus is also dependent upon our extraordinary team of attorneys and paralegal underwriters who have an unwavering commitment to helping our clients achieve their goals. Every day, I have seen our team of professionals use their talents, insights, and creativity to deliver best-in-class service to our clients.
- Above all, we at UCCPlus extend our gratitude to our clients. You are at the center of everything we do. You have brought us your challenges, and together we have developed solutions that are setting the standard in UCC insurance coverage.
With outstanding corporate leadership, industry partners, employees, and world-class clients, we look forward to the next 20 years!